Monday, July 22, 2013

I'm back and with a new outlook!

Made a trip to Denver, just got back.
Man-o-man is it busy up that way! People everywhere and shit being built to accommodate them all.
Construction all over town.
I bet you don’t see one of these every day.

A solar powered stop sign.
Yep, little blinking lights all around the egde powered by a small solar panel on top.
What will they think of next?
The thrip was to see mom, she is doing so-so about now.
Getting older each year. How does that happen?
Anyway, looks like she has agreed to at least start thinking about moving out of the house and into an assisted living place where things will be easier but naturally not what she would prefer.
(that's not mom, it's her sister.)
I shopped online as usual for this trip, sending everything to moms house for me to pick up.
Look at the size of this pile! And that does not really show it all!
Drinking beer with an old friend and over in the corner, away from the Harleys and BMW’s was this 74’ Bultaco 360 Matador! It has been in the group of friends for many many years and has now landed here.
Complete with its factory installed oil leak I see.

While in Denver, I received news that a good friend of ours and a great neighbor had died.
You all remember Scott, the guy with the goat head in his tree, and the anteater on his doorstep.
Well it seems he was walking and fell on his face, dead.
I guess if you get to choose, that option may not be that bad.
He was a great guy, well liked by everyone I believe, and a long standing member of our Thursday night meeting of the minds.
He will be missed.


R.I.P. Scott Shaw……..



No comments: