Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A new kinda light.

A good way to tell the season is winding down is that shit begins to break. We have gone thru 2 water heaters in the last month. But to their credit they have been virtually problem free for at least 6-7 years now. I got no problem replacing them.
Same with the beach chairs. They are just expendable shit. They go bad. But I have fun teasing the guests who sat their ass in it when it shattered. And this one shattered!
These places are going on 14 years old. The buildings themselves are holding up great, but some of the auxiliary stuff,,, needs some help.
And we will get to it before the next rush hits.
We are at the point where I go visit mom, and when I get back Mrs. Barn goes see her mom. Then it’s right back to a busy season!
I guess that’s good. Maybe that is what is making us rich?
(I still can’t get over some asshole calling us rich gringos!)
 Anyway,, went to the V.I.P. Lounge tonight, but they were closed for the holiday. So the few of us sat down at the store and pounded a few before I came home to play with the camera.
I have wanted to try out a new light source, so now was the time. A small slide viewer light panel we got awhile back, seemed like a good light source to me. Small but soft. Which is good. So I gave it a try on a beer bottle. (because I cannot get a model to sit for me to save my ass!) Not bad. I see many more options for it,,, I know, like you care.
I also showed some of my 105 macro lens capabilities. Believe me,, it can get closer.



I have decided to live forever or die in the attempt.

No comments: