Friday, March 30, 2012

Not in my house you don't,,,,

Our house is small. Have I ever mentioned that? Well it is.
16x20ft, that’s 320 sq feet, not including the deck. And since there are 2 of us living here, I figure it is really 8x10. OJ has more room than that!
You are going to have to look long and hard to find someone in a smaller house.
But we get by just fine and often look at folks with much bigger houses and wonder why. Our priorities are different I suppose.
For 14 years the only furniture we have had has been one Coleman camp chair and the Mennonite school chairs at the one table in the house. I built a shelf for the fax/phone, CC machine, printer and a clock. I pointed it out once as ‘the office’ and was laughed at.
And it can get hot. We have fans but Mrs. Barn still like to get ‘comfy’ if you know what I mean, wink wink.
And the point I am heading for here is that while she is usually nekkid or near to it, we don’t want just any swingin dick strolling up the stairs to see if we want to buy an orange, some carvings, or talk about the Lord.
We could be right smack dab in the middle of a session involving Wesson oil, teddy bear hamsters and a wrist rocket!
“Hello, have you found Jesus?”
Even tho I might ‘see the light’ in about one more minute, we don’t want to share those moments.
So we want to keep folks at the bottom of the steps.
We used to have a bicycle bulb horn they could squeeze but that got annoying after they squeeze it 10 times. Plus it rusted away.
So now we are trying some signage.






Got these from Annette at Placencia Bazzarr gift shop.
Just what we wanted! Lets hope we can get those hamsters rocketed off in private!

And a few days ago while I was sitting here in the ‘computer room’, dickin round with something, I heard some serious screaming right outside.
I go out to check and see that a large green tree snake has Woodrow the Woodpecker by the throat.
Woodrow is screaming and flapping round like his life depended on it.
I grabbed a camera and got this just before Woodrow made his escape.





It’s hard to see but 2 Grackles came to his aid and were yelling and pecking at the snake!




I don’t much care for grackles but I thought that was a noble gesture.











When I was born, I was given a choice - a big pecker or a good memory.... I don't remember what I chose.

No comments: