Saturday, February 18, 2012

Well gut me like a chicken,,,,, then sew me back up of course.

Let’s call this a doggie post.
As you may or may not know, I like all dogs more than I like most people.
Dogs are just pure in their feelings, no bullshit. That I can see anyway.
So Scurvy is getting up in the years. He is now 9 going on 10. So in doggie years that makes him 63 going on 70! Wholly shit! No wonder he is slowing way down. He is starting to show some signs of stiff joints, takes him a bit to warm up.
So we got him a gift.





This is the Cadillac of dog beds! 4in foam and large enough for him to stretch out.
And there lies the problem.
He gets on it, right in the center, and when he plops and rolls to his side, he sometimes rolls right off the edge. I want his mind to figure it out, how to line up left of center before he plops right.
Last night was his maiden voyage with the Cadillac, and he kinda went back and forth between it and his old piece-o-shit cushion.
Then this morning he barfed on the new bed?
Anyway, hope he adjusts soon.

Then this morning I went to the vet clinic to photograph the ‘training’ portion. Dr. Babtist was giving some tips on what to do in an emergency when an animal needs help. First lesson was on sutures.
And there was a chicken who graciously volunteered his body to the class.

In this photo the class is listening to the good Dr. about the procedure.












Then our volunteer chicken received his wound. (kinda kinky lookin)













Then after the stitches were installed, the chicken was ready to be put right back on the shelf!

UPDATE:: It reminded me of those medical shows where the surgical team is conducting some sort of brain transplant while the students all look on from the glassed in area up above.














All in the day of a life in Mental Breach



The last thing I want to do is hurt you.
But it's still on my list.

1 comment:

Harlo said...

Scurvy is aging gracefully, Barn. Give him an extra gizzard for us.

P.S. If all dog's go to Heaven, I bet Michael Vick is startin to get nervous.