Sunday, July 31, 2011

Booty call!

OK, where was we? Oh yea, I went to Denver to visit mom.
I tell ya, and I hate to say it but when the day comes I don’t have to travel I will be happy. It gets harder each year.
This trip I had full flights all the way to Denver and now that the scumsuckers charge you for every option including the tiny extra leg room in the exit isles, well lets just say 2 flights sucked.
Then at DIA the luggage carousels were choked up. #15 is where I was waiting on my bag of rocks and it was stuck at the top teetering on the conveyor. I said bullshit and climbed out there and yanked it off, climbing over all the other bags and dodging all the security dicks watching me.
Did I say rocks?




Yep, all my women folk up north wanted some of the beach stones to sand their feet with. I don’t know what the fuck that’s all about but I obliged. So this trip instead of going north with an empty bag, this time I went with a bag of rocks. I was hoping customs would pull me out of line but they never do.

I had pre-ordered so much booty that I needed to order a new rolling duffle just to bring it all back. My mom was freaking at the size of the pile in my old bedroom.
So I bought a 36in rolling duffle from Coleman. Very nice piece of luggage and only 50 bucks!
A fax machine, a wireless printer, 2 water pumps and all the usual bullshit I acquire and I was full.

But the coolest item was by far my new camera!
A Nikon D300s.
It's the one on the right, my old D100 is on the left.



And I am talking cool, as in TITS!
I tend to get the most out of my gear, including trucks. I am not the type who has to keep up with the updated latest and greatest; I probably would if I could afford it tho.



So I get all the life I can from everything.
Mrs. Barn keeps me in realality.

So looking at these 2 camera bodies you may not see 10 years of improvements, but believe you me,, there are TONS!
The gripes I had with the D100 are minor, as it was a great machine.
But, and there is always a but, it’s like getting out of a ’95 Camero and sliding into the seat of a ’11 Cadillac SUV!
There are some improvements.
I won’t bore you with them but trust me, this is a very sophisticated machine.
And I splashed out for the MBD10 vertical grip, more cool shit!



I have 16gig’s of film in the thing too.
Did I mention wireless flash control?
Hold on,, my boner is getting in the way of the keyboard.
There is certainly no guaranty my photos will get any better, but I am reminded of that most favorite compliment ever, after years and years of studying, practicing, shooting tons of photos trying to learn all I can, someone says “wow, you must have a really nice camera.”
Well, now I have a really nice camera. I guess it’s back in my court now.




Oh,, I know some of you out there are searching for the perfect umbrella swivel, well, this one ain’t perfect but it’s gotdam close. All metal, notched at the swivel, and shorter than others. Only gripe is I can’t remove the cold shoe to use something else. Minor I know but that’s what keeps it from being the perfect swivel. I picked up 2 for under 20 bucks. I know you all were fascinated by that, so you’re welcome.

























Nikon girls don't share their gum.









I’d be happy to go on the wagon if I could find one with a bar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Reality.
TC

ajbaxter said...

Nice camera gear. I am a Canon shooter from wayback and can always appreciate new advances in gear. Just have to convince the wife that it is a "must have".

AJ

Sue W said...

We do love our Belize beach pumice!