Saturday, January 10, 2009

OMG, is that Clint Eastwood? Fabio? Aw crap, it's just Barnacle,,

Everybody has different ideas about who is ‘interesting’, a ‘hero’, and an ‘idol’. And some folks can pick some real doozies! Just in the last week for example, there have been a combination of real sightings and rumors of some of the “Jet-Set” crowd milling around Belize.
Last week I was at Turtle Inn. Why in thee hell was Barnacle at Turtle Inn? Because someone else offered to buy,, DUH! As most know, I am not a fan of either their food, drink prices, or the ambiance. But if someone offers to grab the tab, I’ll stop long enough to reinforce my feelings. (oh, and steal a towel from the men’s room)
The topic usual turns to ‘I wonder what famous person was here earlier’. Turns out, according to our waiter, it was Johnny Knoxville. Who the fuck is Johnny Knoxville? He is the guy who lights his farts and lets rats bite his dick in the “JackAss” movies. And so now he resides in the ‘famous’ category and stays at places like Turtle Inn. The star of the JackAss movies?
Up north on A.C. they are all in a flurry cuz someone saw Howie Mandel!? AND Johnny Knoxville!!
OK, Howie I could hang with. He’s got a talent beyond purposely letting some cop shoot you in the guts with a rubber bullet. And he’s got my kind of sense of humor. I would not be surprised to hear he has lit farts in the past, but he is not riding those flames to the bank!
Now I hear the Howie sighting was an illusion anyway.
For some unknown reason, the super rich and famous never seem to find their way to ‘Che Barnacle’s.
I can guaran-dam-tee they would have more fun here than at Turtle Inn! And they can use the nice towels.



A fairly new joint down in the village sprang up not so long ago. Michello’s. I’m told it is Bavarian cuisine.
Mrs. Barn went there this morning for breakfast with a buddy of hers. I stayed home cause Nick Nolte was to stop by for some beers.
She reported that the omelet was excellent! And don’t try to leave a tip cause they won’t take it.
She did bring me some of these cream puffs, or as I would call them, éclairs. For 4 bucks they are great!




When pink elephants get drunk, they see me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate Eclairs in Placencia? I'm on my way over.

Anonymous said...

Just wait until I get there--the media will be all over it! HAHA!!

Anonymous said...

I have had the cream puffs and they are excellent. She makes great pastries and pies.

Mailman

Anonymous said...

Bill,
Glad you got a beer and some blog content from your visit to Turtle. Jill (and I) had a great time staying at your place and we hope to buy you a drink again.