Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's a jungle out there,,,,,

What a spoiled brat! A rotten little brat.
I’m talking about Scurvy. Yes, he is spoiled.
I don’t know how it happened but it did.
I think a big part of the problem is he doesn’t speak English. That would make things much easier.
One maneuver he pulls that just absolutely drives me crazy is to chase Quash.


No matter how much I preach to him that he should leave them alone, he runs them up a tree anyway. There are many problems with this. One is that he will sit under the tree and bark incessantly for an hour at the Quash. I want to get him away from it but, #1 he won’t listen to me and come out of the bush, #2 he is so far in the bush I can’t go get him. When I try he dodges me just like a kid would. Soon, my blood pressure has skyrocketed and I just have to leave.
This happened yesterday. He got one up a tree by Ray’s house. Luckily, it was a small one so if they got into a rumble, Scurvy may have come out all right. That’s what I worry about most. Him coming home with his guts ripped open.
So I left him there and came home to steam it off. He finally gives up and wanders back home. The little dick!
I think it all began in the morning when he was chasing Doris’s turkey off our property. Her turkeys and a group of chickens came by to peck around. Scurvy was having none of that! He herded them all off but would not get close to the big Tom!
Pretty funny to hear him gobble gooble-ing outside my window. I need to ask Doris ‘if scurvy kills him, he’s ours right?’


















Fuzznutts was out during the turkey trot. I am not sure if I have ever seen him so spritzed up! His tail was as fat as my arm, big hair stripe running down his back. Must have been his first turkey? Holy shit,, look at the size of that Chacalacha!! He steered clear of Tom but later I saw him trying to sneak up on a hummingbird? Fat chance there too pal.
Adriane got some photos of a typical day for Fuzz. I read somewhere once that an 11 year old cat has slept for 7 of those years. I believe it! The other 4 years he is eating, crapping, and making me bleed!
Worthless bastard!





photos by adriane.




I went on a diet, swore off drinking and bar food, and in fourteen days I lost two weeks.

No comments: