Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Of Dawg Tit's and 'Ol Wifes,,,,

So, if you get lost walking around Placencia now, it’s your own fault. All you have to do is look at the new street signs to know you are on ‘Jewfish’, ‘Bruk Pat’, ‘Pomp Ass’, or one of the other cute names for the little paths in the sand.
Still little if any trash pickup service, but they felt they needed street signs.
But I’m getting ahead of myself. The signs may be in Kriol but north Americans will be seeing them differently. I’m sorry but Daag Teet will be pronounced DAWG TIT by the time they get home. How would you like to live at the corner of Dawg Tit and ‘Ol Wife?

We have street names in Maya Beach as well. Dysfunction Junction and Looneytune Lane for instance. Someday we will have signs also.

Back to the trash. It has been now close to a month, OK, two weeks, since we have had any pickup. I am assuming the truck(s) are broke down again.
Note to self: Take photo of trash can full of maggots and email to Brian.
I am sending Brian an email asking what is up. We shall see if I get any response. It would only make sense that he explains what is really going on as he is just getting hammered by the rumor machine! But the rumor I hear about that is he doesn’t care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, who voted on those signs anyways??