Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mr. & Mrs. Barns most excellent vacation,, part 1

Yep it’s true. We are going on vacation, together!
We have not had a vacation together since we moved to Belize. We both went to Denver twice. Once for an emergency funeral and once for my dad’s 80th birthday bash. But both trips Mrs. Barn only got to stay a couple days before coming back to run the biz and feed the dog. So no, neither one of those would count as a vacation.
We pack our shit tonight and leave outa here by 0700 SHARP!
We found a really nice place where we can hang out for a week. There are great restaurants within walking distance, internet access, hot water, full kitchen, kayaks and bikes, no phone or tv tho. And best of all it is complimentary! That’s right we are being comped for our full stay!
And did I mention we are allowed to bring Scurvy with us? Cool!
Don’t know yet what kind of activities we will take on but beer swillin I’m sure will find its way onto my ‘to-do’ list.
It’s a short travel too and as I/we are getting older that’s the way we like it. We leave by 0700 and I bet we will check in around 0703.
Hey, that’s a really short travel.
Heres the deal. The construction crew is done with the rentals and they start on our casa in the morning. So we gotta vacate the premises. Where we going? To one of the rentals.
And the best way to deal with this minor inconvenience is to call it a vacation,, I guess.
They will have our kitchen and bath tore up so not much else we can do. To be honest,, it’s gonna suck big time.
But it’s only for we hope a week.
And the silver lining on this cloud, not only do we get a remodeled kitchen and bath, but we get to hit the local restaurants for meals! Not Scurvy tho,, he gets his same shitty dog food.
So if you are looking for us, try one of the rentals. We may be lounging on the beach somewhere too.

In other utterly fascinating news,, Albert from A.L. Construction has donated a mower to the M.B. road beautification project, which I somehow got put in charge of.
It is a John Deere walk-behind commercial mower. It’s used but seems to be in good shape.



It’s all greased, sharpened and ready for action. I have placed an ad for some young individual to run it and got a response within an hour!
As soon as the rains quit and the flooding resides I want to take it for a spin myself. I am right now fabricating a cup holder for my beers, and an umbrella for some shade.
Gotta admit, Albert contributes allot to the community.




You can stab me with knives, you can beat me with clubs,
you can make me open my eyes when we're having sex but there's
no way on earth you can make me get a second job.

5 comments:

Belizean Beach Bums said...

One week for tiles, we are jealous!!!! HA HA HA

sandy a said...

I was getting all excited for you two thinking you were really going to go on vacation! And then you said you were taking SCurvy and I was like "they must be going to San Pedro or something"...But you're only going a few feet!

Sue W said...

Keep on calling it a vacation!

Dave Rider said...

Are you gonna send post cards?

Anonymous said...

Wish I was down there, I'd offer to drive you to and from your vacation destination, no charge. Maybe on your next lavish holiday......enjoy.
Rick