Sunday, September 25, 2011

I've lost my wood!

Vacations over, kaput, finnito, done.
Did we have a blast? Hell no.
Worst vacation ever.
15 days total it lasted, the last 6 were in our house.
But it’s done and we can get back to our regularly scheduled program.
Two guys from Garcia Construction did all the work, a father and son team. They secured the counters to the wall before they covered them in plysum, then tiled over. Same in all 3 houses.





Only exception was they also tiled our tub incloser. The other two were done a few years back.
The guys did a great job and we highly recommend Garcia Construction. But we have not got the bill yet.
It was somewhat sad to see that hardwood get covered up but we came to the realization that that was just not the greatest idea for a counter top.

























A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good Barn. That is very attractive tile pattern. By coincidence I'm having about the same thing done in two bathrooms. At least I think I am. I won’t know for sure till I show up in Nov.
Hardwood is nice but it just won’t hold up to all that water just like you said.
I like the decoration in that last kitchen also. :>/

Jim

RPM said...

Nice!



The countertops look good, too.

sandy a said...

looks really good!

Anonymous said...

NOW THATS A COUNTER TOP
tc