Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Holy banana Batman,,,

It rained all night! Makes me wonder if the Kendal Bridge is out? And as I go to the Morrings today to pick up guests, I bet the road will be total shit! And I don’t think I will bother to wash the truck.

I have gotten kinda tired of shooting humming birds. It has gotten monotonous. But last night I think I found something to keep me happy for awhile. Bats! I have been feeding a group of Chachalaca’s for a few months now. I almost got them eating a banana out of my hand! I had left a chunk of banana out and as we were drinking beer out on the doublewide, about a dozen bats started dive bombing that piece of banana. I went in and got a camera and fired off these quick shots. Now that I see they could care less about me or the flash, I will set up the lights on stands, grab a chair and some beer, and get jiggy with it!
Looks like I best watch my fingers!








COMMITMENT (ko-mit-ment) n.
Female.... A desire to get married and raise a family.
Male.... .. Trying not to hit on other women while out with this one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those pics are SO awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic. My crazy son caught one of these last month whilst it was feasting on a papaya.

Anonymous said...

Great bat photos!