Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Let's give it another go,,,, Eh?

 


Alright, Gotdammit. I'm gonna try to stir up some creative juices once again. Been doing nothing but sitting on my somewhat old, somewhat fat ass for a few years now, Time to stir up some shit!
I believe when we were last were here, we were smack in the middle of a plague! People were coughin, sneezin, wheezin, gaggin, sweatin, barfin and generally looking like shit!
At the worst, some folks around here even died.
Me? I took all the suggested shots, stayed away from humans, and drank a huge dent in the Jack Danials supply in the tri state area.
If the virus did worm it's way into my system, i bet it took one look around and said, "Yeesh,, I'm outa here!"
So yea,, I been fine. Mrs Barn as well. How could a virus named after a beer take me down anyway? Pfffft, yea, right.
Speaking of whiskey, let's start with the latest and work our way back.
I had to give up the JD. DR's orders (suggestion really). Seems my liver had taken an ass whoopin and was beginning to whine about it. All those years of being awarded "employee of the month" was taking it's toll.
So OK,, I will drop the beer. DR wanted me to quit for 3 months then get checked again. I had no idea but they figured out your liver is crying with a blood test?
3 months cam up and got tested again. 
Got a bunch o good readings! Was feeling very good about it too.
Then when we showed the results to the DR so I could get the gold star for the fridge door, we found out the lab screwed up the results and I had to start over.
Fuck. 
As one would say when you have to extend your sobriety.

Me, being the rebel that I am, had been drinking beer on fridays with the boys, just as has been for about 20 years. What could a few beers hurt? right?
The day came for a new blood test. Went to the vampire in 'Griga and fed his need.
Got the results back that night. The next day, as I tried not to be worried, we went to show the DR.
Yeah well,, FUCK OFF! I got a good score!!
I can again drink, in moderation. And there won't be any whiskey.
My liver regenerated it's self! Turns out it is as tough as a hunk of old shoe leather!
I am still behaving as it keeps the peace 'round the casa. But pouring the beers down my burrito shute on fridays!
So, where am I gulping these beers you may ask. Well, we have been bouncing around as necessary.
For years our go-to 'bar' was the Hungry Gecko (Doris), Our kinda place. Absolutely nothing fancy. Just like I like it.
She gave up the bar biz and sent us packing.
We landed at the bowling alley. One notch up on the ambiance scale, but still my style.
Mango's has been very VERY unreliable ever since the latest owner took over.  Never know if it would be open. Then, just when it seems to be doing a great business, WHAM,, a 4-sale sign shows up, doors closed, again.
Back on the bar hunt.
Tried a couple 'fancy' places, brew barge, inkys, just not our style.
Then an old friend fired up Malu-lu's, (could be saying it wrong). Now this is right, straight up my alley! About 20ft from the beach, old bamboo hut that serves beer and has music. A small menu but it has proven to be good chow. Don't go looking for umbrella drinks or meals that are hard to pronounce, won't find either here. Just be careful where you park! As i said, it's 20 ft from the beach, and means sand.
Got to make a Belmopan run today so let's see if I can still remember how to post this.

No comments: