Friday, September 14, 2012

Mess gear!

‘Chez Barnacle smells dam good about right now.
Not because of the Hia Karate I spilt last night but because of the beef roast that is done cookin in the crock pot!
We do eat pretty good round here.
Made these whole wheat tortillas a couple days ago. This is before they were rolled out,, DUH.

I also made a big batch of jalapeno poppers last night. A new twist I tried tho.
These were halved, cleaned and stuffed as usual, but instead of battering and deep frying them, I wrapped a slice of bacon around each one. Then baked them in our countertop convection oven.
As you know, the bacon just made these little jewels a gift from the beer gods themselves!
Only thing I think could make them even better would be after they are baked to where the bacon is crisp, THEN you batter and fry them!
Next time.

And here is Scurvy thinking this is his next meal. He sooooo despartly wanted to kill this rat! But,, ‘Rat-so’ is designated as future snake poop as he will be given to our local snake man as food. Sorry Scurvy, snakes like ‘em live.




Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'

No comments: